The registration of .IE domains (Ireland) has registration restrictions, it's necessary to send additional information in order to be able to register them.
It's necessary to provide documents in order to be able to register a .IE domain:
- Copy of the applicant's passport or birth certificate (private persons, available only for Irish residents).
- Company number (Irish companies).
- Certificate of incorporation (foreign companies).
- Trademark number (Companies located in Ireland, USA or United Kingdom).
- Trademark certificate (other countries).
- a letter from the applicant on official letterhead (if applicable) outlining their claim on the proposed domain name. The claim must relate to the domain holder and not a 3rd party..
- Information showing the applicant's connection to Ireland (foreign companies) as per Registration Policies. For example:- - Copies of invoices (showing trade to or from Ireland), or - High-quality brochures showing a significant intention to trade in Ireland. or - A signed letter on headed paper from a bank manager, firm of chartered accountants, registered auditors, tax consultants or solicitors confirming the applicants trade with Ireland. - Community Trademark number.
The extension is managed by IE Domain Registry since year 2000 and very popular in Ireland.
Rates and features
|Registration||19,95 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Renewal||19,95 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Transfer||19,95 €||1 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Restore||0,00 €||Does not include renewal||-|
|Domain length:||3 - 63 characters|
|Residency requirements / Membership:||If the owner is a private person, it needs to reside in Ireland. But companies can register .IE domains without residency requirements.|
|Transfer system:||The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year|
Extension rules .ie
.ie domain life cycle
.ie domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
If the owner is a private person, it needs to reside in Ireland. But companies can register .IE domains without residency requirements.
.IE domains require the DNS to be active on different subnets and to be authoritative for the domain at the time of registration. You can check if they pass these minimum requirements using our Zone Check tool.
.ie domain registrations aren't immediate.
Average duration of the registration process: 5-7 days
To complete .IE domain transfer, you'll need your current registrar to provide you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key to verify the ownership of the domain.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars provide manual transfers allowing transfers to be completed on the same day, contact your current registrar to find out if they offer this service.
The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year
.IE domains have to be renewed 6 weeks prior to their expiration date, once this time has passed we cannot guarantee the domain renewal.
It's possible to request a cancellation of your .IE domain, visit the support center to open a support ticket. Please note, cancelling a name does not provide a refund of any registration fees.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
We allow the usage of DNSSEC on .ie domains. Your domain can take advantage of this additional security layer that DNS servers that are compatible with this technology can provide.
More information is available at: What is DNSSEC and how does it work
Domain owner change
Unfortunately it's not possible to make ownership changes in this type of domain names.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
We are an official iedr.ie accredited registrar.
- .de Germany 6,95 € / year
- .uk United Kingdom 7,95 € / year
- .co.uk United Kingdom 7,95 € / year
- .nl Netherlands 8,95 € / year
- .ru Russian Federation 11,95 € / year
- .it Italy 7,95 € / year
- .pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .fr France 8,95 € / year
- .al Albania 61,95 € / year
- .com.al Albania 61,95 € / year
- .at Austria 10,95 € / year
- .ax 35,95 € / year
- .be Belgium 7,95 € / year
- .by Belarus 79,95 € / year
- .ch Switzerland 17,95 € / year
- .com.cy Cyprus 120,95 € / year
- .cz Czech Republic 12,95 € / year
- .dk Denmark 14,95 € / year
- .ee Estonia 59,95 € / year
- .com.ee Estonia 59,95 € / year
- .es Spain 6,95 € / year
- .com.es Spain 2,95 € / year
- .nom.es Spain 2,95 € / year
- .org.es Spain 2,95 € / year
- .eu European Union 6,95 € / year
- .fi Finland 12,95 € / year
- .fo Faroe Islands 79,95 € / year
- .gg Guernsey 89,95 € / year
- .co.gg Guernsey 72,95 € / year
- .net.gg Guernsey 72,95 € / year
- .org.gg Guernsey 72,95 € / year
- .com.gi Gibraltar 99,95 € / year
- .gl Greenland 42,95 € / year
- .co.gl Greenland 42,95 € / year
- .com.gl Greenland 42,95 € / year
- .net.gl Greenland 42,95 € / year
- .org.gl Greenland 42,95 € / year
- .gr Greece 9,95 € / year
- .com.gr Greece 9,95 € / year
- .edu.gr Greece 9,95 € / year
- .net.gr Greece 9,95 € / year
- .org.gr Greece 9,95 € / year
- .hr Croatia 73,95 € / year
- .com.hr Croatia 9,95 € / year
- .hu Hungary 49,95 € / year
- .im Isle of Man 17,95 € / year
- .co.im Isle of Man 17,95 € / year
- .com.im Isle of Man 17,95 € / year
- .net.im Isle of Man 17,95 € / year
- .org.im Isle of Man 17,95 € / year
- .is Iceland 55,95 € / year
- .je Jersey 92,95 € / year
- .co.je Jersey 92,95 € / year
- .li Liechtenstein 17,95 € / year
- .lt Lithuania 10,95 € / year
- .lu Luxembourg 15,95 € / year
- .lv Latvia 12,95 € / year
- .com.lv Latvia 12,95 € / year
- .md Moldova, Republic of 149,95 € / year
- .me Montenegro 13,95 € / year
- .mk Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of 19,95 € / year
- .com.mk Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of 29,95 € / year
- .net.mk Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of 29,95 € / year
- .no Norway 9,95 € / year
- .biz.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .com.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .edu.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .info.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .net.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .nom.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .org.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .shop.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .waw.pl Poland 4,95 € / year
- .pt Portugal 13,95 € / year
- .com.pt Portugal 13,95 € / year
- .ro Romania 10,95 € / year
- .com.ro Romania 10,95 € / year
- .rs Serbia 110,95 € / year
- .co.rs Serbia 89,95 € / year
- .org.rs Serbia 89,95 € / year
- .com.ru Russian Federation 14,95 € / year
- .se Sweden 13,95 € / year
- .si Slovenia 11,95 € / year
- .sk Slovakia 29,95 € / year
- .com.ua Ukraine 30,95 € / year
- .me.uk United Kingdom 7,95 € / year
- .org.uk United Kingdom 7,95 € / year