Created on year 2005, from the beginning, the .jobs extension is focused on pages related with employment, being restricted to be used only by this type of pages, by companies or organizations in this sector. The domain can only be the same as the company or organization name.
.jobs registration is managed by Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the biggest association for Human Resources management. This association, founded in year 1948 represents more than 200,000 members in more than 100 countries.
Rates and features
|Registration||99,99 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Renewal||99,99 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Transfer||99,99 €||1 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Restore||60,00 €||Does not include renewal||-|
|Domain length:||3 - 63 characters|
|Residency requirements / Membership:||All the .JOBS contacts have to represent a company, be members of the SHRM or in the management of some HR.|
|Transfer system:||The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year|
Extension rules .jobs
.jobs domain life cycle
|42 days||30 days||5 days|
|Domain available||Domain active||Renew grace period||Redemption period||Pending delete||Domain available|
Permitted characters / IDN
.jobs domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
IDN characters are permitted in .jobs domains.
Permitted IDN character table for .jobs domains
An Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) is a domain name that can contain non ASCII characters.
- Hyphen (-)
- Digits (0-9)
- Characters (a-z)
|Character||Unicode||HTML Code||HTML Number||Unicode Table|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH CEDILLA|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DIAERESIS|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH TILDE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS|
IDN domains don't permit to mix different Scripts or character sets (for example, Latin, Greek or Cyrillic).
But it's possible to use different character tables for a same script.
- The Latin Script permits the use of characters of Latin-1 supplement, Latin Extended-A, Latin Extended-B, etc.. tables.
- The Greek Script permits to combine characters of the Greek, Greek Extended, etc.. tables, doesn't permit combine them with the normal latin characters (a-z), but permits the use of numbers or hyphens.
- Other script types have their own corresponding tables.
All the .JOBS contacts have to represent a company, be members of the SHRM or in the management of some HR.
This extension doesn't have any technical requirements.
.jobs domain registrations can take up to 3-7 days in order to complete, depending on the time the Registry takes to verify the data and if no additional information is required, in that case Employ Media would contact the registrant directly.
The domain registrations must be "companyname".jobs, where "companyjob" is:
1) The commercial name of the company (without including identifiers like "the", "of" or "LTD";
2) Name the company is usually known with;
3) Contains 1) and 2).
For example, the company called Virgin Media of America, LLC could apply for:
The domain name can't be listed in reserved lists from the ICANN, generic employ names (for example: Electricians.jobs, mechanics.jobs, ...) or industries (for example: manufactures.jobs, ...), geographic names (like countries, cities, postal codes, ...), offensive names or generic words.
.JOBS saves this lists of reserved names and checks the domain before the registration completes.
- Websites under .JOBS can only be used to publish information related with the company, like job offers, company philosophies, contact information, etc.
- No external job offers can be added.
- The registrant is responsible for the content of the domain.
- .JOBS checks periodically the correct usage of the domain, in case of detecting a bad use of the domain they can process the domain deletion.
- The registrant must meet the SHRM Code of Ethics
All registrations are verified by the Registry, Employ Media. It's possible that during the verification process more official documentation is required to check that the registrant has rights of use over the name, but in the most cases it's sufficient to provide the company's URL, in any case, if Employ Media needs more information they'll contact you directly.
Normally, the .jobs registration takes about 3 days in case you don't need to send additional information.
To be able to complete .JOBS domain transfers you'll need your current registrar to give you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key, with it you'll be able to verify your domain's ownership.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars allow to accept transfers manually, contact your current registrar and find out if they offer this service, in this case the transfer will complete the same day.
The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year
You can renew your .JOBS domain at any moment, this process can take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete.
It's possible to ask for the cancellation of your .jobs domain, you'll have to do it opening a ticket (support area). Please note the domain cancellation involves no refund of the domain registration fee.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
Domain owner change
Since December 1st, 2016, in order to proceed with an ownership change of .JOBS domains, it's necessary that both the current and new owner accept this change. Once the ownership change is completed the domain is locked for transfers for a 60-day period, during this time the domain won't be able to be transferred to another registrar.
More information: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en
In this section you will find links to official documentation of the extension.
- .JOBS don't have extra documentation.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
We are a Verisign accredited registrar.
Verisign is the official registry for .com, .net, .jobs, .tv and .cc domains.
- .com Commercial 9,95 € / year
- .net Network 9,95 € / year
- .org Organization 12,95 € / year
- .info Information 12,95 € / year
- .cat Catalan 9,95 € / year
- .pro Professional 11,95 € / year
- .travel Travels 80,95 € / year
- .tel Phone Number 10,95 € / year
- .aero Aeronautic 54,95 € / year
- .asia Asia 11,95 € / year
- .biz Company 12,95 € / year
- .coop Cooperatives 102,95 € / year
- .mobi Mobile 13,95 € / year
- .xxx Adults 62,95 € / year