Created on year 2005, from the beginning, the .jobs extension is focused on pages related with employment, being restricted to be used only by this type of pages, by companies or organizations in this sector. The domain can only be the same as the company or organization name.
.jobs registration is managed by Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the biggest association for Human Resources management. This association, founded in year 1948 represents more than 200,000 members in more than 100 countries.
Some JOBS domains are premium names with a higher initial registration fee over a standard registration with all subsequent renewals and transfers at a standard rate. All JOBS search results will automatically reflect premium names fees.
Rates and features
|Registration||99,99 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Renewal||99,99 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Transfer||99,99 €||1 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Restore||60,00 €||Does not include renewal||-|
|Domain length:||3 - 63 characters|
|Residency requirements / Membership:||All the .JOBS contacts have to represent a company, be members of the SHRM or in the management of some HR.|
|Transfer system:||The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year|
Extension rules .jobs
.jobs domain life cycle
Permitted characters / IDN
.jobs domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
IDN characters are permitted in .jobs domains.
Permitted IDN character table for .jobs domains
An Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) is a domain name that can contain non ASCII characters.
- Hyphen (-)
- Digits (0-9)
- Characters (a-z)
|Character||Unicode||HTML Code||HTML Number||Unicode Table|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH CEDILLA|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DIAERESIS|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH TILDE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH GRAVE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH ACUTE|
|LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS|
IDN domains don't permit to mix different Scripts or character sets (for example, Latin, Greek or Cyrillic).
But it's possible to use different character tables for a same script.
- The Latin Script permits the use of characters of Latin-1 supplement, Latin Extended-A, Latin Extended-B, etc.. tables.
- The Greek Script permits to combine characters of the Greek, Greek Extended, etc.. tables, doesn't permit combine them with the normal latin characters (a-z), but permits the use of numbers or hyphens.
- Other script types have their own corresponding tables.
All the .JOBS contacts have to represent a company, be members of the SHRM or in the management of some HR.
This extension doesn't have any technical requirements.
.jobs domain registrations can take up to 3-7 days in order to complete, depending on the time the Registry takes to verify the data and if no additional information is required, in that case Employ Media would contact the registrant directly.
The domain registrations must be "companyname".jobs, where "companyjob" is:
1) The commercial name of the company (without including identifiers like "the", "of" or "LTD";
2) Name the company is usually known with;
3) Contains 1) and 2).
For example, the company called Virgin Media of America, LLC could apply for:
The domain name can't be listed in reserved lists from the ICANN, generic employ names (for example: Electricians.jobs, mechanics.jobs, ...) or industries (for example: manufactures.jobs, ...), geographic names (like countries, cities, postal codes, ...), offensive names or generic words.
.JOBS saves this lists of reserved names and checks the domain before the registration completes.
- Websites under .JOBS can only be used to publish information related with the company, like job offers, company philosophies, contact information, etc.
- No external job offers can be added.
- The registrant is responsible for the content of the domain.
- .JOBS checks periodically the correct usage of the domain, in case of detecting a bad use of the domain they can process the domain deletion.
- The registrant must meet the SHRM Code of Ethics
All registrations are verified by the Registry, Employ Media. It's possible that during the verification process more official documentation is required to check that the registrant has rights of use over the name, but in the most cases it's sufficient to provide the company's URL, in any case, if Employ Media needs more information they'll contact you directly.
Normally, the .jobs registration takes about 3 days in case you don't need to send additional information.
To complete .JOBS domain transfer, you'll need your current registrar to provide you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key to verify the ownership of the domain.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars provide manual transfers allowing transfers to be completed on the same day, contact your current registrar to find out if they offer this service.
The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year
Renewing your .JOBS domain only takes a minute and can completed at any time.
It's possible to ask for the cancellation of your .jobs domain, you'll have to do it opening a ticket (support area). Please note the domain cancellation involves no refund of the domain registration fee.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
We allow the usage of DNSSEC on .jobs domains. Your domain can take advantage of this additional security layer that DNS servers that are compatible with this technology can provide.
More information is available at: What is DNSSEC and how does it work
Domain owner change
Beginning December 1st, 2016, any ownership changes of .JOBS domains requires both the current and new owner to accept any changes. Once the ownership change has been completed, the domain is locked and unable to be transferred for a 60-day period.
More information: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en
In this section you will find links to official documentation of the extension.
- .JOBS don't have extra documentation.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
We are a MMX accredited registrar.
- .com Commercial 12,95 € / year
- .net Network 13,95 € / year
- .org Organization 12,95 € / year
- .cat Catalan 9,95 € / year
- .info Information 15,95 € / year
- .pro Professional 15,95 € / year
- .tel Phone Number 10,95 € / year
- .travel Travels 80,95 € / year
- .aero Aeronautic 54,95 € / year
- .asia Asia 11,95 € / year
- .biz Company 15,95 € / year
- .coop Cooperatives 69,95 € / year
- .mobi Mobile 17,95 € / year
- .museum 44,95 € / year
- .xxx Adults 79,95 € / year