.NEW domains provides a namespace dedicated to the generation of actions or creation flows online. What does generation of actions or flow mean? Example: when entering docs.new, the user has to be redirected to a new document creation process.
- Navigation to a .new domain must bring a user directly into the action generation or online creation flow. An exception is provided for services that require a user to be logged in: navigation to a .new domain may bring a logged-out user to a sign up or sign in page. After completing sign in and any other required authentication, the user must be brought directly into the action generation or online creation flow. A user that is already signed in must be brought immediately into the action flow.
- Websites services that require an account in order to access content or undertake activities may register .new domain names, however, upon request access must be provided to Google Registry or its designee free-of-charge for the purpose of verifying compliance with this policy.
- .new domains must be compliant with the Registration Policy within 100 days from the registration date.
- Domain names that do not comply with this requirement may be placed on server hold or deleted for non-compliance.
IMPORTANT: . new is a more secure domain, meaning that HTTPS is required for all . new websites. You can buy your .app domain name now, but in order for it to work properly in browsers you must first configure HTTPS serving. For more information about configuring HTTPS, including resources to obtain an SSL certificate, please visit: SSL Certificates
Some .new domains are premium names with a higher initial registration fee over a standard registration with all subsequent renewals and transfers at a standard rate. All search results will automatically reflect premium names fees.
Rates and features
|Registration||462,95 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Renewal||462,95 €||1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Transfer||462,95 €||1 year(s)||2 dominitis|
|Restore||80,00 €||Does not include renewal||-|
|Domain length:||1 - 63 characters|
|Transfer system:||The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year|
Extension rules .new
.new domain life cycle
Permitted characters / IDN
.new domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
IDN characters are permitted in .new domains.
Permitted IDN character table for .new domains
An Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) is a domain name that can contain non ASCII characters.
IDN domains don't permit to mix different Scripts or character sets (for example, Latin, Greek or Cyrillic).
But it's possible to use different character tables for a same script.
- The Latin Script permits the use of characters of Latin-1 supplement, Latin Extended-A, Latin Extended-B, etc.. tables.
- The Greek Script permits to combine characters of the Greek, Greek Extended, etc.. tables, doesn't permit combine them with the normal latin characters (a-z), but permits the use of numbers or hyphens.
- Other script types have their own corresponding tables.
This extension doesn't have any residency requirements.
This extension doesn't have any technical requirements.
.new domain registrations are immediate.
To complete .NEW domain transfer, you'll need your current registrar to provide you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key to verify the ownership of the domain.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars provide manual transfers allowing transfers to be completed on the same day, contact your current registrar to find out if they offer this service.
The domains, once the transfer ends, extend they expiration date for one year
Renewing your .NEW domain only takes a minute and can completed at any time.
It's possible to request a cancellation of your .NEW domain, visit the support center to open a support ticket. Please note, cancelling a name does not provide a refund of any registration fees.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
We allow the usage of DNSSEC on .new domains. Your domain can take advantage of this additional security layer that DNS servers that are compatible with this technology can provide.
More information is available at: What is DNSSEC and how does it work
Domain owner change
.NEW domains permit automatic owner changes, you'll be able to change this data from your client area.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
Category: New domains
We are a Google Registry accredited registrar.