The Country code top-level domain for Norfolk Island is .NF and was created in year 1996. It's being managed by Nic.nf.
Rates and features
Extension rules .nf
.nf domain life cycle
|Domain available||Domain active||Domain available|
.nf domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
This extension doesn't have any residency requirements.
This extension doesn't have any technical requirements.
After requesting the domain registration, the registrant and administrative contact receive two e-mails from the Registry (Nic.nf), the first of them is the welcome message, but the second one is a activation e-mail, that contains a link that has to be clicked in order to accept the TLD Registrant Agreement and AUP policy and accept and confirm the validity of contact details.
Any future change, even renewals or registrant changes the same process must be done.
To be able to complete .NF domain transfers you'll need your current registrar to give you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key, with it you'll be able to verify your domain's ownership.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars allow to accept transfers manually, contact your current registrar and find out if they offer this service, in this case the transfer will complete the same day.
When the transfer ends, the expiration date doesn't change.
You can renew your .NF domain at any moment, this process can take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete.
It's possible to ask for the cancellation of your .NF domain, you'll have to do it opening a ticket (support area). Please note the domain cancellation involves no refund of the domain registration fee.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
We allow the usage of DNSSEC on .nf domains, thanks to it your domain will be able to take advantage of an additional security layer that DNS servers that are compatible with this tecnology can provide.
You can obtain more information at: What is DNSSEC and how does it work
Domain owner change
Unfortunately it's not possible to make ownership changes in this type of domain names.
In this section you will find links to official documentation of the extension.
- .NF don't have extra documentation.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
We are a Nic.nf accredited registrar.
- .as American Samoa 69,95 € / year
- .com.au Australia 14,95 € / year
- .net.au Australia 14,95 € / year
- .org.au Australia 24,95 € / year
- .cc Cocos Islands 10,95 € / year
- .cx Christmas Island 75,95 € / year
- .fm Micronesia 67,95 € / year
- .radio.fm Micronesia 14,95 € / year
- .biz.ki Kiribati 145,95 € / year
- .com.ki Kiribati 145,95 € / year
- .info.ki Kiribati 145,95 € / year
- .net.ki Kiribati 145,95 € / year
- .nu Niue 21,95 € / year
- .nz New Zealand 25,95 € / year
- .co.nz New Zealand 25,95 € / year
- .net.nz New Zealand 25,95 € / year
- .org.nz New Zealand 25,95 € / year
- .pw Palau 16,95 € / year
- .com.sb Solomon Islands 59,95 € / year
- .net.sb Solomon Islands 59,95 € / year
- .org.sb Solomon Islands 59,95 € / year
- .tf French Southern and Antartic Lands 9,95 € / year
- .tk Tokelau 9,95 € / year
- .to Tonga 66,95 € / year
- .tv Tuvalu 28,95 € / year
- .wf Wallis and Futuna 9,95 € / year
- .ws Samoa 23,95 € / year