Uganda is a republic located in East Africa, with an area of more than 240,000 square km and more than 34 million population.
This extension has no requirements and can be registered by any person or company that wishes it.
The managing entity is registry.co.ug
Rates and features
Extension rules .ug
.ug domain life cycle
|Domain available||Domain active||Domain available|
.ug domains permit characters from 'a' to 'z', numbers from '0' to '9' and hyphens '-'.
A hyphen '-' is not permitted in the first or last position of the domain name.
Two consecutive hyphens are not permitted in the 3rd and 4th position.
This extension doesn't have any residency requirements.
.UG domains require the DNS to be active on different subnets and to be authoritative for the domain at the time of registration. You can check if they pass these minimum requirements using our Zone Check tool.
.ug domain registrations are immediate.
To be able to complete .UG domain transfers you'll need your current registrar to give you the domain's AuthCode or EPP-Key, with it you'll be able to verify your domain's ownership.
Transfers can take between 5 and 7 days to complete. Some registrars allow to accept transfers manually, contact your current registrar and find out if they offer this service, in this case the transfer will complete the same day.
When the transfer ends, the expiration date doesn't change.
The renewal of .UG domains is different than with other extensions.
It's necessary to request the domain renewal at least 2 days before the domain expiration.
In case the renewal request is done after this date, the correct renewal is not guaranteed.
It's possible to ask for the cancellation of your .UG domain, you'll have to do it opening a ticket (support area). Please note the domain cancellation involves no refund of the domain registration fee.
DNS modification is immediate, please note they must propagate through the network, this process can take up to 6-12 hours to complete, until then the domain will still point to the previous DNS servers.
Domain owner change
Ownership changes are done manually and have additional costs, contact us via ticket in case you're interested in it.
In this section you will find links to official documentation of the extension.
- .UG don't have extra documentation.
This extension supports:
- IDN Characters
- DNS Modification
- Special DNS requirements
- Whois Privacy
- Transfer lock
- .cf Central African Republic 19,95 € / year
- .ml Mali 19,95 € / year
- .ga Gabon 19,95 € / year
- .ae United Arab Emirates 62,95 € / year
- .co.ao Angola 250,95 € / year
- .it.ao Angola 250,95 € / year
- .bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .co.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .com.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .edu.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .info.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .mo.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .or.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .org.bi Burundi 65,95 € / year
- .cd Congo, the Democratic Republic of the 70,95 € / year
- .cm Cameroon 108,95 € / year
- .co.cm Cameroon 22,95 € / year
- .com.cm Cameroon 22,95 € / year
- .net.cm Cameroon 22,95 € / year
- .co.ke Kenya 71,95 € / year
- .ly Libyan Arab Jamahiriya 179,95 € / year
- .com.ly Libyan Arab Jamahiriya 112,95 € / year
- .ma Morocco 29,95 € / year
- .co.ma Morocco 29,95 € / year
- .mg Madagascar 114,95 € / year
- .co.mg Madagascar 114,95 € / year
- .com.mg Madagascar 114,95 € / year
- .net.mg Madagascar 114,95 € / year
- .org.mg Madagascar 114,95 € / year
- .mu Mauritius 75,95 € / year
- .ng Nigeria 39,95 € / year
- .com.ng Nigeria 9,95 € / year
- .org.ng Nigeria 9,95 € / year
- .re Reunion 9,95 € / year
- .sc Seychelles 79,95 € / year
- .com.sc Seychelles 92,95 € / year
- .net.sc Seychelles 92,95 € / year
- .org.sc Seychelles 92,95 € / year
- .sh Saint Helena 39,95 € / year
- .so Somalia 11,95 € / year
- .com.so Somalia 11,95 € / year
- .net.so Somalia 11,95 € / year
- .st Sao Tome and Principe 46,95 € / year
- .yt Mayotte 9,95 € / year
- .co.za South Africa 16,95 € / year