How to activate your domain with Blogger
To use your blog in Blogger.com in MrDomain simply follow this steps:
Register your domain:
You must register your domain, choose the desired domain name, check if it's not registered and complete the purchase. (Remember you'll have to wait till the domain is active, this can take up to 12-48 hours, depending the domain extension).
You'll have to associate the domain to the free "Redirection and Parking" plan or any other paid plan.
Here you'll find a small guide with the steps to register a domain.
If you already own a domain:
Now that you have the domain, you'll need to associate it to your blogger.com blog, to do so, edit the CNAME entries at the domain's DNS Zone following this steps:
- Enter your client area -> My Domains.
- Now enter into your domain management, clicking the domain.
- Enter the "Hosting" tab and press the "Manage" button.
- Now you'll see the "DNS Zone" tab, press on it.
- Clic the "Manage" button.
- Search the DNS entry that starts with "www.", and press the "Edit" button you'll find at the right side.
- Finally, change the text of "Destination URL" for: ghs.google.com and clic "Modify".
You changed the CNAME, now you only have to tell Blogger you want to use this domain for our blog, for it:
- Enter Blogger.
- Go to the "Configuration" tab and press "Publication".
- Enter "Personalized domain".
- Now you'll have the option to register the domain, but as you already own one it won't be necessary, go to "Change to advanced options".
- Enter your domain and save the configuration.
- ¡That's it!
Now you only have to wait Blogger to update their records (this can take from a few minutes to a few days) and your blog will start working under your domain.