How do I configure mail account in Microsoft Outlook?
To configure your mail accounts in Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the "Tools" > "Email accounts" menu.
- In email account select "Add new email account" and click Next.
Select POP (if you only use a device to check the email) or IMAP (if you check the email from more than one device) and press Next.
In user information: Your name and the email address you are configuring.
- In server information: Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.dondominio.com or Incoming mail (IMAP): imap.dondominio.com and Outgoing mail (SMTP)server: smtp.dondominio.com
In start session information: user name: the login that appears in the control panel.
Password: the one that appears in the control panel.
You must not check Start session using SPA password authentication.
- On the right side, you will see a "More Settings" button from which you will have to access the "Servers" or "Outgoing servers" tab. In this tab you must check the first box of "My SMTP server requires authentication" and the "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server" option.
- At the "Advanced" tab you can configure the security and connection ports of the incoming and outgoing servers. On the incoming server, you must select to use an encrypted SSL connection, if you have chosen IMAP you must use port 993 and for POP, the port is 995. In the case of the outgoing server, an encrypted TLS connection must be selected, with port 587.
Once we have followed these steps the account should work correctly.