To use your web created with Cargocollective.com on MrDomain, you can follow this simple steps:
Register your domain:
You must register your domain, choose the name you want to register, check if it is free and complete the purchase. (Remember you'll have to wait until the domain is active, it can take 12 to 72 hours, depending on the domain extension).
You will have to associate the domain to the free plan "Redirection and parking" or any other (in case you want to use e-mail for example).
Here's a quick guide to how to register a Domain.
If you already have your own domain or you have already registered one:
When you have your domain, you need to associate it to your website on Wix.com to do it, you must edit the CNAME entries of the domain DNS Zone following these steps:
- Enter your client area -> My Domains.
- Now enter to the domain, by clicking on his name.
- Enter the tab "Hosting," there go to "Manage".
- You will see the tab "DNS zone", click on it.
- Click on the button "Manage".
- Find the DNS zone that begins with "www." To the right of it, you'll see the edit button, enter.
- You should replace the text of "Destination URL" for your domain without "www.", for an example, if your domain was www.yourdoamin.com you must indicate "yourdomain.com" (without the quotes) and click "Modify" .
- Finally edit the DNS Zone input A (the first) and change the currently IP by Cargocollective IP: 22.214.171.124
Now you've changed the DNS zone, but you have to tell to Wix that you want to use the new domain for our website, you must do it from Wix.com, note that to use your own domain you need to have the "Upgraded Membership" version of Cargocollective.