Point domain to server IP
To be able to point your new domain to your own dedicated/private, virtual or even local server with MrDomain, simply follow this steps:
Register your domain:
You must register your domain, choose the name you want to register, check if it is free and complete the purchase. (Remember you'll have to wait until the domain is active, it can take 12 to 72 hours, depending on the domain extension).
You will have to associate the domain to the free plan "Redirection and parking" or any other (in case you want to use e-mail for example).
Here's a quick guide to how to register a Domain.
If you already have your own domain or you have already registered one:
When you have your domain, you need to associate it to the IP of your server, you simply must edit the CNAME and A entries of the domain's DNS Zone following these steps:
- Enter your client area -> My Domains.
- Now enter to the domain, by clicking on his name.
- You will see the tab "DNS zone", click on it.
- Find the DNS zone that begins with "www." To the right of it, you'll see the edit button, enter.
- You should replace the text of "Destination URL" for your domain without "www.", for an example, if your domain was www.yourdoamin.com you must indicate "yourdomain.com" (without the quotes) and click "Modify" .
- Finally delete the ANAME record, and create a new A record pointing to the IP of your server.